I’ve loved the saying of “Success Leaves Clues” for a long time. Here’s a new saying along that same line: “Luggage Leaves Clues.” What exactly am I talking about?
As I’m settling down to write this, I’ve just gotten into my comfy clothes…sweatpants and a t-shirt. Not just any old t-shirt, but a genuine SkyTeam t-shirt. I donned my slippers with the fancy ‘F’ on them – my comfy Fairmont slippers. I put my book to the side (I’m reading Tim Ferriss’s updated version of The 4-Hour Workweek), marking my page with my Continental boarding pass.
In this week’s bag I have:
- Delta SkyTeam t-shirt that I received when my red-eye flight cancelled and I was sent to a hotel.
- Fairmont slippers from the Fairmont Newport Beach (hint to Fairmont: I could use a new pair!)
- Loews Conditioner bottle. The conditioner is long gone, but the bottle is perfect for refilling, totally leak-proof and great for a weeklong trip.
- Embassy Suites rosemary-infused hand cream. Love the scent!
- Hilton shower cap. Great for wrapping up shoes or covering my hair when I give myself a facial.
- Marriott sewing kit. I’ve needed this a few times for hem and button repairs.
- Continental boarding pass. Open any book I’m reading and you’ll find a boarding pass or two.
These are just the items in this week’s 4-day travel bag. I can’t begin to tell you what I have at home!
So what do these clues tell you about me?
- I stay in nice hotels and sit in first class … all signs that I like the finer things in life (all very true, but they do not occur as often as I’d like).
- I am feminine. I love the fresh scents of high-quality hand cream, shampoo and conditioner.
- I’m practical. I heed my mother’s advice and I’m prepared. Sewing kits and shower caps are multi-purpose and are right up there with always having clean underwear.
- I’m frugal. Why spend the money on a beautiful laminated bookmark when I can use a boarding pass for free?
It makes sense that we pick up items along the way that fit our lifestyles and personalities. Share with us what clues your luggage is saying!